Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunday Goodbye's or Rather I'll See You In The Spring

Today was my last Sunday in the Reedy Creek Ward; my first family ward as an adult, my first ward that I had a pig pick'n, my first ward that I served in the RS presidency and as a cub scout leader.  It was a good day; bittersweet, but good.  I picked some of my favorite songs to play on the organ.  I love that organ.  It's funny how you can love something that can't love you back.  I think that I've just grown attached to it.  I mean I have played it nearly every Sunday for the past 4 years.  I thought I'd cry when I gave me keys to the bishop but I didn't.  I enjoyed my last opportunity to watch the families in my ward from the stand, boy how they have grown.  Funny how fast kids go from being kids to teens and babies to toddlers.  I felt very proud of myself for not shedding a single tear during Sacrament meeting, especially because the Carlsons sang Because I Have Been Given Much; maybe it was because the topic was family indexing. I will admit when I went into primary and heard the kids singing and saw my friends Cassie and Lauren and when Gloria hugged me it was a bit of a struggle.  I couldn't hug Cassie because she was just about to give sharing time and she couldn't cry and I couldn't go back after church to hug her because I would have cried, probably sobbed at knowing I couldn't just stop by her house whenever I needed or thought she needed some girl chat.  I purposefully avoided Karen today, not really, but it just happened.  Maybe she was avoiding me.  I think her eye's were watering from where I could see her.  I just had to stop looking at her, except for when I was choking on my own saliva.  I am going to miss sitting with her and her family in church.  It's back to sitting by myself for a while until the newbies realize I'm not some weird single lady.  Sometimes I think it is best to just leave with out hugs and goodbye's.  I am not saying goodbye, just I'll see you in the spring.  They know I love them.  Sister Sigg wasn't there today.  I think that was probably better.  She is like a mom to me and when she talks to me I just cry.  I even made it through RS with out shedding tears.  Shed a few when Dale hugged me at dinner tonight and told me he loved me; that did it.  I gained composure when Vickie hugged me and told me she loved me.  I have truly been blessed the past four years; to come to love and be associated with such wonderful church people.  If I didn't hug you at church today you know I love you and will see you again, but really we all didn't want to leave crying.  Wendy has been over twice today and I think my eyes may have watered a bit, but I did really good didn't I Wendy?

My house has been a bit cluttered.  It is making me crazy.  I will admit I just cleaned up a bit and even vacuumed what I could.  It feels much better.  I even got rid of all that I'm not taking with me from the freezer, so now I can start the defrost process.  Next time I decide I want to move, maybe I will read these posts and change my mind.  I'm not a fan of moving.  My new people better appreciate all that I'm going through physically and emotionally to come there way!

PS.  I can feel every muscle in my abs from piyo yesterday.  I need to do that more often, maybe my belly flab would disappear.  1 1/2 shifts left.  My last full shift is tomorrow at the Ghetto hospital.  I haven't been there since Aug 4 and I traded so I could go one last time.  I have great nurses there that I can't wait to see one last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment