Thursday, October 13, 2011

I'll See You Later NC

I did it.  I left my home without crying.  The numbness hasn't worn off yet or maybe I was just ready to go.  I stopped by the hospital to sign charts and take treats.  And to say my final goodbyes.  My nurses were very sweet and very huggy and there were only 29 in the waiting room.  Glad I'm done with that.  One of my nurses hugged me twice and told me she loved me.  It was not what I expected from her. As I looked back through the doors as I was leaving I expected to have some tears, but I didn't.  I've done what I needed to do there for the time.  I'm needed somewhere else.  I hope that I develop the same love for the people of DL as I have for those in Charlotte.  As I've driven the past 8 1/2 hours to Cleveland I have thought about this and how we don't tell people how we really feel until it's either too late or until we won't see someone again for a while.  I hope that I've learned from this to express feelings more often. 




Today I drove through four states; NC, VA, WV, and OH.  It was one of the most beautiful drives.  Fall is one of my favorite seasons and this is the peak fall foliage.  I realized that driving with sunglasses on is like having constant photo shop.  It was awesome.  I kept taking my sunglasses off and on and then realized I enjoyed it better with them on, until I got to WV.  Bet most of you have never been there.  It was absolutely beautiful.  I took pictures from the road.  Yea, probably not so safe, but it was so picturesque and of course you can't tell how gorgeous it was from the pictures but just use your imagination ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment