Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Nauvoo And More Driving

This morning we spent time in Nauvoo, mostly in the store, Parley's street, and the gravesite of Joseph Smith.  We also went into the store where the Relief Society was started.  I hope that I would have been faithful enough and had a strong enough testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, that I would have crossed the frozen Mississippi in the freezing cold temperatures of February, leaving behind my home, most of my possession, and the newly built temple as the pioneers did.  It was cold and windy again today, I can't imagine what they did to keep warm.
We also went to Carthage Jail where Joseph Smith was killed by mobsters.  There is such a sweet, humbling spirit there.  I loved the fall colors and leaves.


The rest of the day was spent in the lovely car!  Dad drove most of the way.  We spent our day in Illinois, Iowa, and ended it just inside the South Dakota Boarder.  We did drive through some cute towns, but the drive was rather boring.  Not much to see.  

No comments:

Post a Comment