Monday, October 17, 2011

Ohio, Indiana, Illinios

This was just down the street from my cousins house in Cleveland.
Today was a long day of driving.  Scenic routes always lead you through fun towns and we did see a few.  However, what we saw for the most part were corn fields, corn fields, and more dead cornfields.  We didn't even see any corn mazes, just dead cornfields. We did see some pretty fall colors and took a road that led us to this lake.
Betty along side one of the many cornfields.
Taking the scenic route always gives great photo-ops.
Yep out in the country they  brown box delivers.  That means what I can't get in DL, he will deliver.
Super cute town, had to capture it.
Another great photo-op taken from the car window.
We did see some pretty tree's especially with our photoshop sunglasses.  The scenic route did bring us to an awesome Amish Town.  I don't know why I love the Amish so much, but I do.  We hit an awesome store even better than the candy store in Cleveland because every thing was so cheap.  I bought 12 pounds of spree's.  No kidding!  My kiddo's in the clinic are going to love me and so are their moms!  
Ah, the Amish
Monday must be Amish laundry day.  We saw lots of this.
They not only ride horses, but bikes too.
Lots and Lots of CORN
Another view from my window on some random road.
We did take a short 3.5 mile detour to enjoy Chicago's best subs at Potbelly's.  We didn't actually go into Chicago but an outlying city that was in Indiana.  Tonight we are in Nauvoo.  Can't wait to enjoy the town and feel the pioneer spirit for the next two days.

All day I have been thinking of my friend Emily.  I texted her knowing she was due any day and low and behold I got a text from her this evening telling me she had her Little Miss this afternoon.  So happy for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment