Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fall In Kirtland

Olivia made a crown for the cat.  She is such a cute toothless 6 year old
Today was a true fall day; rain, wind, fall leaves, cold.  A trip into Kirtland was our main plans for the day; it's only 30 minutes from Cleveland which is nice.  The colors are just beautiful even with the rain.  It drizzled all day and by the time I got home from church I was freezing and ready to get out of my sandals.  Never thought I'd give them up this soon and just so you know I'm not giving them up; I just set them aside; I was cold.  We dressed warm and headed to Kirtland.  We had a nice time and enjoyed the spirit of Joseph Smith and the early saints.  65 sections of the Doctrine and Covenants were revealed in this area.  We heard many stories of the sacrifice's of the early saints.  I am grateful for their sacrifices and their faith that has allowed me to have the gospel in my life.  My favorite story is when Emma Smith got tired of cleaning up tobacco and from this the Lord revealed the word of wisdom to Joseph Smith.
Look at the beautiful fall colors!
I love this picture and love Olivia pondering its meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment