Friday, October 28, 2011

Post Surgery and A Friday Night Treat

Tristen is doing very well today.  It is surprising after such a surgery that she is walking and eating.  She keeps saying, "This is amazing.  I can eat and it doesn't come up."  While she was having a procedure this morning I went over to my friend Emma's to brush my teeth, wash my face, reapply my makeup and change clothes.  I think we take these things for granted.  That was one uncomfortable bed I slept on in the hospital last night, but I was so tired.  And I'm not a fan of sleeping in jeans.
I spent some time with Tristen before I headed to Salisbury to have a night out with Nick. Yes a treat for sure, since I am so use to working Friday nights.  I left Charlotte at 3:25 to avoid traffic.  Yea, didn't happen.  It took me 2 hours and 1 minute to get there.  A drive that should have only taken me 45 minutes.  We had reservations for 5, but didn't get there until 6.  It was worth the wait however.  We had dinner with his boss and his wife.  It was very enjoyable, with great conversation's.  We went to the same place as we did in August and had the same waitress; who is very good I might add.  It was a very packed place but always delicious.  It was a fantastic evening for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment