Thursday, October 20, 2011

More Driving

Today we drove through the entire state of South Dakota.  Super ugly; I don't recommend it.  We stopped in some western town that wasn't too exciting, but did have some pretty delicious donuts.  
 We did go out of our way just a bit to see the amazing Mount Rushmore.  It was pretty awesome.  Do you know the history of it?  It's pretty neat.  Look it up.
 

Then we met up with my moms cousin Ellen for dinner, who lives in SD.  We had such a wonderful time.  I always love meeting up with relatives for no special reason; sometimes it seems we meet up more for funerals and weddings than just to sit and visit.  We got on the road later than planned and drove through the rest of South Dakota and into Montana.  I swear I've never seen more deer in my entire life as I did tonight.  We were on this two lane highway for 2 hours.  It was pitch dark, except for deer eyes.  Glad mom was driving.  She wasn't too happy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment