Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Birthday Celebrations!

Another year has come and gone making me 1 year older.  I don't feel older, just wiser. After all age really is just a number.  I know a lot of people who are older than me physically and emotionally, yet biologically speaking they are younger.  So there to my brother who called me this afternoon having his son ask me how it feels to be older.  My reply was, "It feels Great!"  He is only 10 months younger than I am and thinks I am so much older than him.  Whatever.
To start off the day my darling nieces came to wake me up and dad made pancakes.  I had another of my many interviews with the company I will probably go with.  This has kind of been broken up into a few days, given the timing and the fact that I'm in town.  Typically it would have all been in one day.  After, I went to my cousin Alisha's and picked her up.  She took me to this awesome Tai restaurant.  We had yellow curry which was delicious.  As we were getting our meal a guy that I grew up with walked in.  He recognized both of us, but he really had no clue who I was until I told him my name.  It was rather funny when I told him.  He had this look on his face like, wow you are hot, no probably wow no frizzy hair.   Do I really look that much different than I did in High School?  Maybe a little more mature looking.  It is so weird to run into people I grew up with.  It happened at the craft store the other day too.  For dessert they gave us this delicious coconut pineapple ice cream for my birthday and took a picture of me with a silly hat on to put up on their birthday wall.  After lunch Alisha and I did a little shopping and then later we met some of the girls in our family at the Cheesecake Factory for dinner.  All in all it was a nice day.  What will this year bring?  I'll let you know when I find out.  I'm feeling a fabulous one indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment