Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Be Grateful Day

Today was a fantastic turkey, thanksgiving, be grateful day!  The best thing about today was that I didn't have to go through 3 airports after working a night shift to be home for the holiday.  The past several years that is what has happened, well that is if I wasn't working.  I remember a few years ago working a night shift, going to the airport, getting stuck in SLC airport, and finally making it home just in time for Thanksgiving dinner; mom didn't even wait for me to do my hair so I ate with wet hair.  This year however was much more relaxing.  Mom delegated most things and the others we prepared yesterday.  It was so relaxed this morning that mom and I still got our walk in before the chaos began.  Of course we did enjoy the 50 degree weather which doesn't happen often on Thanksgiving day. I often remember Thanksgiving day being freezing.  It was so nice that the kids didn't even have to wear coats when they enjoyed the bounce house that dad set up for them.  My cousin Callie brought a craft for the kids, but the adults enjoyed making our gratitude journals as well.  This was the first year in many that everyone was together.  Oh what fun we had and without any drama or injuries.  Lets hope it continues through the rest of the holiday season.
Even though this year has felt a little rough, I am so grateful for many things.
-I have a place to stay, even though I feel homeless and my things are stuffed away in a storage unit.
-I saved my money, even though I wanted a new car.
-I have a marketable skill.
-I have support from my family and friends.
-We are all healthy and strong.
-The gospel, my testimony and the direction I have in my life, even though at times it feels like I'm not quite sure where I need to be.
-Hope
-Time...to build relationships, to relax, to enjoy the opportunities before me.
-A mind and heart that help me in making important decisions.
-Love
Just a small list.  I could go on and on, but that's what my gratitude journal is for.

No comments:

Post a Comment