Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Week Of Learning In MT

What a week.  And I mean really what a week it has been.  I have learned many things this week.  However  I have wondered why life sometimes lets us feel like we are spinning out of control.  I know that all of life experiences are to give us knowledge and growth so that in the future we will be better, but sometimes it's not so easy to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  In the last week I have learned...
-If it isn't right it isn't right.  Staying isn't going to make it right in a month, 6 month's, or a year.  Don't try to make it right if it doesn't feel right.
-I need to be more charitable.  Never have I met a more charitable people as I did in DL.  There were people at my house willing to help unpack and repack until the last box was loaded.  Dinner was brought every night and one night someone even brought it to the hospital.
-MT is a beautiful state.  The Mountains with a touch of snow especially from my very own office was enjoyable to view and gave me the inspiration that I needed.
-Heavenly Father knows me, my circumstances, where He ultimate wants me and He won't let me down.
-I hate living out of a suitcase.  1 month ago I packed a suitcase and it is still packed, but I promise it will be unpacked very shortly.  I imagine it will be even worse living out of a storage unit until I can figure out what I'm going to do with my life from here.
-There is no such thing as failure if you learn from the experience.
-When your stuff doesn't arrive when you expect it to, don't freak out because there is a reason behind it.  Had it all have arrived when I wanted it to, everything would have been unpacked and before I knew it wasn't right.
-EMP is an amazing company.  The nurses and staff that I worked with were the very best one could ever ask for.  The system worked in every way it should have.
-Paper charts=1980's or at least 1990's.  EMR might be a pain to learn, but it makes life so much easier.
-Elk Antlers can cause major damage to a hand, but I still have the talent to sew layer by layer.
-The grass is not always greener on the other side.
-Heat and humidity is far better than dry, cold air.  Chapped lips and dry hands make for major discomfort.
-When someone keeps hounding you to put your house up for sale, go with your instinct not to.
-Dad will drop whatever he is doing to rescue his little girl.  I'm so blessed to have my dad and my brother who also came to the rescue.
-Grandma Betty was right.  She is always right, even though she won't boast about it.
-I have way to much stuff.  Too many clothes, shoes, kitchen stuff and craft stuff.  I'm going to take a hiatus from shopping for at least a year.
-Be humble not prideful or boastful.
-If it's meant to be it's meant to be and it will be.
-Crying about it does make it feel better and so do hugs from people you barely know.
-I could have bought a car with the amount of money I have spent on this move.  But it is just money and I'm grateful that I have been taught to save for a rainy day, or rather when it's pouring.
-I don't think there is a nice way to say it other than moving really stinks, sucks, bites however you want to put it and moving your stuff twice stinks even more.
-If all else fails, it's okay to move in with mom and dad especially if it's the holiday season.  There's no place like home.
-But my home is in Charlotte...
Stay tuned, I can't wait for the rest of the story either.

No comments:

Post a Comment