Saturday, November 19, 2011

A Day Of Idleness

I spent an entire day of idleness, well that's what my mom called it.  I call it relaxation and pure enjoyment. What did I do?  Well, I started my day off having a lovely phone conversation with my dear friend Emily who is in Wisconsin.  She moved there a few months before I moved from Charlotte.  She and I were once roommates which was super fun.  We use to spend hours chatting while driving to and from the temple and at O'Charlies and Panera.  How I miss all of them.  She and I are a lot a like and I feel that our lives have both taken crazy turns.  She always gives great advice.
I spent the rest of the day watching college football.  I love upsets especially if it will help BSU.  I don't know if any of the upsets this weekend will help BSU, but it was so exciting to see USC win Oregon.  We BSU fans are surely not fans of Oregon.  The coolest was that I had a Charlotte based station here in my Idaho home (local station), how that happened I'll never know.  It made me miss Charlotte.  In between and during the boring parts of the games I read part of a book.  I also helped make some Christmas presents; Oprah calls it multi-tasking.  I did get out in the cold for a few hours to Costco, 3rd Costco run in less than 1 week; I've kept my money in my pocketbook the last 2 trips.  In Idaho you always run into someone you know, which is always fun.  It is so awesome to go out on the town and see everyone wearing their blue and orange; it's like the treasure valley is one big family.  When you see someone not wearing blue and orange you think what's wrong with them.  Even my mom was wearing her Love Bronco's sweatshirt today.  We also stopped at the Bronco shop and See's Chocolates, before coming home to watch the twins and Gavin.  They are busy little boys and are getting into everything.  They have lots of boogers and are so cute when they try to blow them out, unless of course I just go digging.  I mean really that's what aunties are for aren't they?  What is amazing was the touch down pass that Baylor just threw to upset #5 Oklahoma, whom BSU fans despise.  Ah, what a great day of idleness!  "USC, Iowa, Baylor, and NC State just made a mess of the BCS" the tv announcer.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone needs a day of idleness every once in a while! Glad you enjoyed yours!

    ReplyDelete