Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sweet November


I love November, I love it even more this year because I'm about to start a new chapter in my book of life.  Of course we are still in North Carolina and what a great place to start the month.  The weather is beautiful as well as the fall leaves.  I love November because not only is it Thanksgiving; the day or rather weekend that we gorge ourselves with mom's delicious cooking, making our tummy's uncomfortable and feeling that we need to shed a few pounds before Christmas, but it is also my birthday month.  This year I will be home for both since they are the same week.
I am taking in every moment of this week that I'm not really on vacation, even though technically it seems like it.  I'm not touring so that means it isn't a vacation.  It has been super relaxing.  The last few weeks that I haven't been working haven't been all that relaxing.  Now that I haven't worked for 3 weeks, I must admit I am just about ready to get back to seeing patients.  I seem to spend money if I'm not working.  Not always a bad thing.  Yesterday after we had Tristen's follow up appointment that went well by the way and after visiting with a few friends, Grandma B, Tristen, and I went to Greensboro for the afternoon.  We had lunch at Panera, you know one of my favorite places!  And then I introduced them to Charming Charlies.  I love that place.  It is a little piece of Heaven for any lady, no matter her age.  This time around I was more into the purses, wallets, and scarves over the jewelry.  I did buy a lovely necklace that I can't wait to wear.  I also gave into a darling red purse, wallet, and three of the most adorable scarves.  I've wanted this red, scrunchy looking scarf since I saw it on a lady in my parents ward last December and I finally found one like it.  I think I will have enough scarves to keep me warm through May, since I bought some when I was in NYC trip 2.  (I'm still working on that post.)
Nick took Tristen and I to this cute resteraunt in Faith for dinner last night.  I've always wanted to go, probably because it has such a cute name "The Soda Shop."  I love that they have several white rockers on their porch.  It is totally southern, which I love.  Being back here this week has given me more mixed feelings.  I am excited to start my new job, be in a new house where I'm going to walk into a hundred boxes saturday night, but I love NC.  Love the people, the scenery, the business man who comes home in his white shirt and tie at 5pm every night looking handsome as ever.  I think I could definetley get use to laundry, cleaning house, going shopping and to lunch in the middle of the day and having dinner ready at least a few days a week.
Tuesday I had lunch with friends; potluck lunch at the church.  These are my favorite because everyone can come and their kids can run around and let us chat.  PS.  Emma made the most delicious Curry, I'm still waiting for the recipe.  I have such great friends here and am sad that I won't see them on a weekly basis, but I know there are new friends to be made.  And with the techno-world it makes it a little easier to keep in contact with them, even though they will be clear across the country, it will feel as if they are in my back yard, well I hope so anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment