Saturday, November 17, 2012

Boise Temple Rededication Cultural Event

In celebration of the Boise Temple Rededication tomorrow, 9,000 youth from the Treasure Valley put on the most amazing, unforgettable performance at the Cultural Event tonight! The feeling in the Stake Center where I watched was so powerful.  Mom and dad were sitting 2 rows in front of President Monson at the event.  She said it was amazing.  It was a fun evening of celebration for all.  I loved the different themes that were presented, but my favorite was the BSU re-inactment of the Fiesta Bowel.  I took 4 of my friends kids with me as her and her husband attended with his mother who was once a Matron in the Boise Temple.  The father passed away this spring and as we were driving home the kids were talking about how their grandpa would have liked the football part too.  We all agreed he was probably there in spirit.  
All day I have felt such an incredible, indescribable feeling of peace in our area given that President Monson and Elder and Sister Bednar are visiting and will rededicate our newly renovated Boise Temple tomorrow! I have a special place in my heart for Elder and Sister Bednar.  They came to BSU when I was a freshman and had just been put in as BSU Idaho President.  They also came to Charlotte a few years ago for Stake Conference where I was able to play the organ and Sister Bednar turned my music pages.  It will be so nice to have our temple back open.  I surely have missed it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment