Thursday, November 8, 2012

Garden Vegetable Pesto Soup

You've all heard me rave about Panera's Garden Vegetable Pesto Soup.  Well I've really been craving it a lot given that it is fall and all.  So I combined a few recipes and added my own touches and brought together an even better T's Garden Vegetable Pesto Soup!  I ate it for lunch today by myself at the bar and thought how much better it would have been to be eating it with one or many of my Panera friends...
Olive Oil or I used Garlic Macadamia Nut Oil from Hawaii
1 can of tomato's diced (I only had mexican stewed)
1 1/2-2 small zucchini diced
onion grate or dice a "little"
4 stalks celery, diced
4 carrots, diced
1/2 bunch of fresh Kale chopped
1 can wax beans (they taste the same as green beans)
1 small can tomato paste
2 cans chicken stock
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4-1/2 tsp pesto mine was from Costco

In large soup pot drizzle oil.  Add onions, celery, carrots.  Saute.  Add zucchini and kale until kale has wilted.  Then add canned tomatoes, beans, tomato paste and chicken stock enough to cover vegetables. Bring to boil and reduce to simmer.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Simmer 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender to liking.  The pot of soup will look beautiful and oh so colorful; perfect for fall.  Top off bowl of soup with a small amount of pesto to your liking and mix.  Delicious indeed. It is amazing how the pesto adds so much taste to this soup.  Hope this is one of your new favorite fall/winter dishes as it will be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment