Friday, November 2, 2012

November 2012 First FF

1.  Yep, the holiday season is upon us.  Halloween this week I hate to admit wasn't nearly exciting as it use to be.  Our Saturday celebration was much more exciting for sure.  I ran lots of errands on Wednesday, in preparation for Super Saturday, went to our ward Trunk or Treat and chili feed and then  had a lovely chat with my VT.
2.  Alisha and I met up for lunch at one of our favorite Boise restaurants, which I have talked about in the past, The Brick Oven Beanery.  One of our reasonings for having lunch there this week was because we got word this week that after 28 years of being in business, the owners and chefs are retiring.  This isn't fabulous at all, but our turkey sandwich's and my gumbo soup and Alisha's cheddar vegetable soups were amazing as always.  We sure are going to miss this Boise staple, but are grateful there will be a cookbook with all our favorite recipes by next summer.
3.  Yesterday I had a patient who had a broken tibia.  The x-rays were pretty amazing.  It was my last case of the day and I was glad I was able to save them an ER visit and able to get them in with orthopedics this morning.  Lets just say long boarding and texting don't go together.
4.  I'm listening to Christmas music more and more each day!
5.  We've been drying lots of apples lately.  We still have a ton.  We definitely will have our store for winter.
6.  It is November and we still have plenty of leaves on our tree out front and the weather is still in the 60's.  I don't ever remember a fall when the leaves where on that tree past Halloween.  I'm loving this fall for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment