Tuesday, February 12, 2013

3 Weeks of Vacation Start Now

I am now on a true vacation for 3 whole weeks, meaning my suitcase is packed and I won't be returning to Idaho until March 4.  I am totally excited.  I really didn't sleep but maybe an hour last night, given my procrastination in packing and spending time finishing paperwork for my upcoming new job!  4:15 came awfully early this morning.  Mom, dad and I flew to Orlando with connections in Denver and St. Louis.  It was a beautiful 82 degrees when we landed in Orlando with a lovely breeze and some humidity which I love!  My friend Pam picked us up curb side.  It was so exciting to see her after at least 3 years.  She is living here as this is where her husband is stationed, even though he has been out of the country for almost a year.  Pam has a cute almost 1 year old Morgan.  What a doll!  We headed to Downtown Disney where we celebrated Mardi Gras by eating shrimp and grits and jambalaya at the House of Blues!  Delicious indeed.

The ceiling at House of Blues

When we came out from dinner it had cooled off and the sun had set.  It was so relaxing and enjoyable as we strolled along shops until we came to Ghiradelli where we shared some amazingly delicious $8 ice cream!  We are staying at a lovely hotel which we got for $104 a night.  We have a 2 bedroom suite with a living room and kitchen.  I feel like a kid at Christmas awaiting my first adventure to Epcot tomorrow!  Of course we wish you were all here joining us!  PS.  Pictures to come, like maybe next week when I'm in CLT.  There is just so much to see and do here and so little time.  So yes, check back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment