Thursday, February 14, 2013

A RAINY Animal Kingdom



This morning started out cloudy and a bit cool, especially for Floridians.  Our hotel has a rather delicious buffet breakfast, even though I still eat oatmeal or raisin bran.  In celebration of Valentines Day they also had cake for breakfast.  My kind of people.  For some reason we haven't gotten in the parks until noon, which seems to work for us.  We say tomorrow we will be there early, but with a chance of rain in the morning and having to pack our bags, I dare say we will be to the Disney Kingdom by noon.  We heard that Animal Kingdom was amazing.  We all agreed it wasn't our favorite, but I'm sure it would have been much more enjoyable had it not have been raining the entire day.  It started raining after only being there for probably 15 minutes.  We went directly to the African Safari ride, which made us actually feel like we really were in Africa.  I got some great shots of elephants, giraffe and hippos.  The rain did help us feel like we were in the jungle.  In the middle of the park is a huge tree with all different animals carved in the trunk.  It is so cool!




We enjoyed 2 amazing shows:  Festival of The Lion King and Finding Nemo-The Musical.  Gratefully they were inside away from the rain.  It really was like a shortened Broadway show.  I loved them both.  I absolutely enjoyed Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade.


Characters we saw today:  Bear Rabbit, Goofy, Pluto, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Characters from the Jungle Book, Tarzan and The Lion King.

We enjoyed a delicious couscous salad from African Tusker House for lunch.
The dinosaur exhibit was pretty neat, but I really loved the Dinosaur ride, which was pretty much just like the Indiana Jones ride at Disney Land.  The park closed at 7, so we left a little early, drenched and hungry for some Panera, you know my love for Panera!  We stopped by a Vera Bradley outlet; my first time ever.  I thought I was in Vera Bradley heaven a few month ago, this beyond that experience! We got an extra 40% off the lowest marked prices.  Lets just say I won't be buying another purse for a good, long while!  I got the purse that I really wanted, but wouldn't dare spend the regular price for.  I really hope I sleep well tonight. It's been a bit rough sleeping in a room with a baby.  I hear every little noise.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment