Sunday, February 24, 2013

Week 1 Of My NC Visit

Tuesday I flew from Orlando to NC for a 2 week visit with some of the most wonderful, Southern people I know.  Wednesday I felt like I needed a day to relax from my Orlando vacation.  Nick and I went to a 1230pm viewing of Safe Haven.  We got the early bird rate.  I've never been to a movie that early in my life.  It was such a great movie and followed the book nearly exactly.  We made an Aldies run, my favorite supermarket of all time!  For dinner we went to Grandma B's, where she made a true southern meal of squash casserole, pineapple casserole, creamed potato's or rather mashed as we call them in the West and pork chops.  Yummy!
Thursday I went a visited with Sister Middlebrook for a few hours before going to Cassies.  She was making yummy appetizers when I got there for our girls spa night.  It was such a fun evening.  Several wonderful friends came.
I stayed at Cassies for the night.  It was so weird not going home from there.  We got up the next morning to a cold rain, but in between storms we went on a brisk, very cool, windy walk.  It was such fun.  We then went to Costco and then I went to Talbots outlet!  Nick and I went to our favorite Faiths Soda Shop for dinner and then watched Dan in Real Life, well I watched it while he snored on the other end of the couch.  Yesterday morning it was pouring again.  I met Rachel at Cafe 100 for brunch where I had the best salmon/goat cheese frittata, then over to her new, gigantic house for 2 people.  I keep telling her she needs some kids, but she keeps telling me no.  We visited for a few hours.  Then I visited the Webbs; my branch president and his wife when I first moved to CLT.  They are such sweet people.  Then a stop for a chocolate and banana Cookout Shake.  Karen called and told me the Reedy Creek ward girls were in the championship basketball game so I went over to the church to see them play an awesome game and to see some of my dearest friends.  Then over to Lauren and Chris's before we went over to the Vilchis for Ty's mission homecoming.  I ended the evening with Nick watching Dear John, a favorite of all time.  This morning we drank spinach shakes and Nick liked them.  They were rather delicious.  I made a blackberry vinaigrette for our spinach salad that we took for dinner at the Beachums.  It was delicious!  I needed to get the recipe nailed down for our up coming RS activity.  For lunch we ate pop tarts on our way to church.  I don't do pop tarts, but we didn't have any nugo bars, because Costco didn't have any. Church was awesome today.  There was a missionary homecoming that was amazing and 2 convert confirmations.  It was so wonderful to see all of my ward members.  I felt so at home, like I'd never left.  Dinner at the Beachums was yummy and just like old times with banana pudding of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment