Friday, February 15, 2013

Magic Kingdom

Today's destination:  Walt Disney Worlds Magic Kingdom.


It was a bit on the chilly side when we first got started, but by 1130 when we finally arrived and throughout the day it was a beautiful, warm, sunny day; just as it should be here in Florida.  Being that it was a Friday before a very minor holiday the Magic Kingdom was far too busy for my liking.  Disney celebrated True Love Week with lots of hearts, including hearts at night on the Palace.  Our first pleasure was the Move it, Shake it, Celebrate it  Street Party Parade through Main Street.  I got some great photos of some of my favorite Disney Characters.






Oh the sights and smells of Disney World just can't be written in details for one to understand the amazing place it truly is.        
Our next stop was the Castle where we watched Celebrate the Magic with Micky and Minnie, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and Snow White.




We also saw Peter Pan and Captain Hook.  I did enjoy seeing Fantasyland where we enjoyed the village portrayed in Beauty and The Beast.

We ventured into Liberty Square where we took a ride on the Ferryboat.  Then into Frontierland where Pam and I tried us on some Mickey Ears and where we had entertainment from the Country Bear Jamboree.

We had us a meal at the Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe, which was just okay.  It was fun to be able to fix our own Taco Salad with our favorite fixings, which really wasn't much.  I hate to say it but the food wasn't nearly as delicious in the Magic Kingdom as at Disney Land or other Disney destinations.  Onto Adventureland where we saw my favorite Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, one of our favorite shows of all time.  We also went to the Enchanted Tiki Room and enjoyed a ride on the Pirates of the Caribbean, a favorite ride of ours, where only the right side of me got a little water logged.  Of course by now we needed us a treat which I had craved since the last time I went to Disney Land; a pineapple ice cream, no cones here at Disney World.  Of course not nearly as creamy as Disney Land's either.  For some reason today we got stuck in the longest lines, not my idea of fun.  Pam and I decided we needed a break from the lines so we went and did a little browsing on Main Street in their cute stores, where I bought a book of Walt Disney quotes and some gifts for the nieces and nephews.  We used our Fast Passes on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, a very fun roller coaster indeed.  Mom was sad her favorite ride and my least favorite drenching ride Splash Mountain was out of commission for the day.  Pam and I stood in line for at least an hour waiting to see the princesses.  The sign said 30 minutes, it was a long hour.  Bottom line, Disney Land has so much more than Disney Worlds Magic Kingdom and less people on the days we've been in the past.  I think we will stick with Disney Land, given it is on our side of the country.


No comments:

Post a Comment