Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Epcot


We visited Epcot today; amazing in and of itself.  It was a beautiful day in the 80's and partly cloudy, threatening rain all day.  Thankfully no rain, except for when we were having dinner and when we were getting ready to leave the park.  After dinner we came out to few people in the park.  When we first got there a man showed us directions.  He said he didn't work there, but knew everything about the park.  He was actually quite funny.  Pam asked really where he came from, I told her he was probably one of the 3 Nephites!
We started our adventures first off by visiting or rather just having a photo op with probably my most favorite Disney Character, Mary Poppins.  I just love her English accent.

We were told to go counter clockwise, which I think definitely worked for our advantage as we saw almost everything we wanted to see.  I must say I felt as if I was truly in each country, like I'd gone to France, Morocco, England, Germany, Mexico, etc.  My favorite by far was France.  They showed a video which was about 180 degree of the theater and showed the French countryside.  Definitely made me want to take a trip to see not just the Eiffel Tower but all of France.


I think all of us most enjoyed the French bakery, where we had the most delicious ham and cheese sandwich on a freshly made baguette.  Of course the French pastries never disappoint.  Next time, I'm not sharing.  We are a sharing family and Pam and I are like sisters so we always share too.
  
Disney Characters we saw today:  Mary Poppins, Snow White (One of my niece Aidrees favorites), Aladin and Jasmin, Donald Duck in Mexican get out, Pluto, and Alice in Wonderland.
Rides we went on:  Soarin (my favorite), Mission: Space, and The Sea's with Nemo and Friends.  We were more there for the countries than the rides.  
Restaurants we ate at:  Boulangerie Patisserie don't go to Epicot without eating here and Sunshine Seasons.  For dinner I had a rather delicious roasted beet and goat cheese salad and some amazing potato soup.  We had a frozen chocolate covered banana for our evening snack which we got for free because they forgot to activate Pams card and she had to back and stand in line.  
Morocco
Italy
Germany
Mexico
Our feet are tired and we are tired, but we are so very happy to be here enjoying vacation!  Tomorrow: Animal Kingdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment