Friday, February 8, 2013

A Snowy/Sunny FF

1.  Over the past week or so most of the snow around here has melted, however this morning I woke to snow; with the sun blaring as well.  Thankfully it has been into the 40's and it all mostly melted by this evening!
2.  This has been a fabulous week off.  I could get use to this.  I think I've nailed down a travel job, filled out and faxed most of the paper work, but still enjoying some time off.
3.  I spent the afternoon on Wednesday with Alisha and her cute baby.  I held him for at least an hour.  We ate fresh strawberries and salad and made sugar scrub.
4.  Tuesday my friend Charlene invited me to go for a friendly visit to Uswirl.  We were there for 2 hours chatting.  It was much needed.
5.  Wednesday evening I had dinner with my friend Kaycee.  I just love having dinner with her at the Matador which is downtown Boise.  They have this salsa that has a smokey taste which I love.  I also ran into a guy that I went to grad school with.  The funny thing is 1 year ago November, the last time Kaycee and I went to Matador I saw this guy there too, but didn't visit with him then.  We also went to Dillards shoe sale.  If they would have had a 5 1/2 shoe I would have bought the cutest black and white houndstooth shoes ever.  I love that Kaycee and I have such great conversations when we get together.
6.  Sunday I visited with Grandpa Young for a few hours.  This week marked the year anniversary of Grandma Young's entrance to Heaven.
7.  Kadyn turned 6 this week.  He was so cute when he was talking about his birthday saying, "I get to do whatever I want, cause it's my birthday."  He visited us for a bit yesterday after grandpa took him to Uswirl
8.  Tuesday mom and I went to Costco, yes one of our favorite stores.  Then we met Tristen and the girls at a new restaurant in town called the Black Bear Diner.  It is so cute and the girls quite enjoyed it. Bridget is into her lemons these days and Aidree couldn't get enough ketchup on her french fries.  We shared some very delicious coconut cream pie!
9.  Today we watched 3 of Troy's kids while they went to celebrate Becky's birthday.  I also visited with Grandma Betty some.

No comments:

Post a Comment