Friday, April 5, 2013

It's A Hot Fabulous Friday

1.  I love that it is Summer every day in Phoenix.  This morning I had said to my nurse that I wanted to go shopping at Last Chance (Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack and Last Chance get it?).  On my way out the door she asked if I was going to Last Chance and I told her it was too hot to shop and I needed to get some sun on my skin.  Her reply, "It's always too hot in Phoenix and you can get sun any day."  She is so right.  I really was going to go, but missed the exit so maybe next week.  Instead I came home today to the sun, but was only out there for 40 minutes.  It's more fun to spend time in the sun with my Summer Sisters, instead of by myself and it was too hot.
2.  Easter Sunday was lovely at aunt Leslie's. She even got me an Easter Basket!  Of course my mom always makes the best Easter dinner.  It was so fun to skype my family during their easter egg hunt, which of course didn't last long.  Beckett was so cute, he kept saying, "Auntie Terah where are you."  He just couldn't figure out why I wasn't there in person, but on the computer.
3.  I'm still so in love with my spinach shakes I have them at least 3 times a week.  Today I used a home grown orange from my nurses tree.
4.  I learned today that Paradise Bakery is owned by Panera and you all know my love for Panera.  There is a Paradise Bakery on every corner around here.  Guess what's for dinner?
5.  I know you and Grandma Betty are all expecting a post on some Phoenix adventure, but I hate to admit it, but I'm kind of afraid to venture out in the Phoenix heat.  I mean what if I get stuck somewhere and die of heat exhaustion.  Well actually I have compiled some places to go and see in the coming weeks.  I promise, I'll find something exciting to blog about next week, besides the fact that I really love  seeing citrus tree's all over the place.  In fact on my evening jog I saw an orange tree last night and I always jog by the coolest lemon tree.  I always want to pick one, but I'm too short and it is on the other side of a fence, plus would it be stealing if they don't look like they use the lemons, given there are plenty of old ones on the ground?
6.  Aunt Leslie made the most delicious, healthy whole wheat banana pecan pancakes with fresh organic strawberries for dinner this week.  Oh, heaven in my mouth!  Nick always promised Jack Johnson banana pancakes, but never came through on that promise.  I'll get the recipe sometime and blog all about it.  I think I'm going to have to have these at least once a week, if we can keep bananas around.  I've never seen 4 people go through so many banana's so fast.
7.  I really am loving my job here.  I love that I only see 14-15 patients a day, don't feel rushed and I get to use more family practice skills than I thought I'd use in Express Care; definitely not urgent care.  Kind of like urgent care merges with family practice.  I've never seen so many people with uncontrolled diabetes and asthma as I have in the past 2 weeks.  These people are all so nice and so patient.  They wait to be seen, they wait for x-rays, they wait for prescriptions and I'm not talking an hour or so, I'm talking hours and they never complain, but are always so grateful and kind.  I think CLT ER patients could learn a thing or two from my Indian patients for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment