Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Mexican Haystacks With Homemade Taco Seasoning

Last night's dinner was delicious.  I loved it!  Mexican Haystacks with the added touch of homemade taco seasoning, which of course I got from pinterest and added my 2 cents.  I'm pretty sure I'll never by another taco mix again.  My favorite part was added touch of champagne mango's.  I'm not one for cilantro, however the cilantro lime rice was rather delicious.  The combination of all the ingredients where just delicious.  I kind of liked that the recipe didn't call for lettuce, something different using the rice as the bottom of the dish.  We also used brown rice, which I love.
Cilantro/lime rice...put lime juice in with your water, then cut up cilantro and mix it in when it is cooked.  (like my instructions).
When turkey burger is cooked, add homemade taco seasoning (I would have also put some onions in it, but my aunt doesn't do onions).
Mix all ingredients together in bowel before adding them to the turkey burger...
1 T Chili Powder
1/4 t garlic powder
1/4 t onion powder
1/4 t crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 t dried oregano
1/2 t paprika
1 1/2 t ground cumin
1/2-1 t sea salt
1 t black pepper.
Start with rice, meat, then layer with avocado, black beans, tomato's, olives, pepper jack cheese, plain Greek yogurt, salsa, chips, and the best part mango's!

1 comment: