Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Donation To Locks Of Love

I've wanted to donate to locks of love for several months now and have thought about it and thought about it and looked at several different styles.  A few weeks ago I made an appointment with my beautician.  I finally got the courage to do to have over 10 inches cut.  My beautician Amanda did a great job.  I will admit however that it doesn't actually look like what I wanted.  It is much shorter and more of an A-Line, which I didn't really want.  The good thing is in a few weeks to months it will grow out and look the way I actually wanted it to look.  Amanda asked me if I wanted it textured and I didn't, because it was short enough, but really it does need some texturing and a little thinning so it doesn't look so much like a football helmet.  I really love not sitting back on my hair any more or having to move my hair after replacing my stethoscope.  It is so quick and easy to do, but I do admit I miss my long ponytail.  Short ponytails just don't do it for me, but at least I can still pull it back into one.
It is fitting that I decided to cut my hair the day after my family received word that my Grandpa Swensen was diagnosed with metastatic cancer, even though he doesn't need my hair....

No comments:

Post a Comment