Tuesday, April 2, 2013

An Arizona Day

I've only been in Phoenix for 11 days and I am totally loving my time here.  I kind of feel like I'm on vacation even though I'm working.  I love working 6 hours 5 days a week and the Saturday 10 hour shift isn't bad, except this week was super slow as in I only saw 7 patients, but it was a holiday weekend and most people go back to the reservation for the holidays; so they say.
My  typical day goes something like this:
Roll out of bed at 6:15; I usually awake sometime around 5, ugh.
Make myself presentable in 20 minutes; I promise it can be done and is every morning.
Pick a grapefruit from one of the tree's in the backyard; I like the fruit from the big tree.
Enjoy a piece of homemade wheat toast and my grapefruit or maybe some steel cut oats in place of toast.
7:00 I'm on the road, always in bumper to bumper traffic for at least 6 of my 20 miles.
From 7:40-1:30 I see 14-15 patients.  They are all so kind and make me love being here, doing what I was sent here to do!
1:30 I have a much more enjoyable, quicker commute home; talking on the phone to mom, Tenielle, or Alisha.
2:15 I make my spinach shake!
2:30-3:30 or 4 I read, check email, facebook, etc on my lawn chair with my feet propped up on a crate in the back yard with the sun blazing down on me and a lovely slight breeze.  Actually some of this afternoon consisted of Amy and me driving out to where she hikes so we could look to see if the bum who stole her purse out of her car yesterday may have discarded it somewhere in the bushes.  No such luck.
4:00-5:00 Cook Dinner.  Tonight we had one of my favorites Chicken Taquitos
5:00-6:00 Eat Dinner and tonight we sadly watched BYU lose in the final four
6:00-7:00 Evening jog listening to mixes from Rock My Run!  Tonight there was such a nice breeze which made my jog even more enjoyable.
7:00-7:15 Ab workout with Tori.
7:15-9:00 Read scriptures, get ready for bed,  and chat with Aunt Leslie about our day, since she now gets home around 7:30 from work...today she informed me that her MRI results showed she has to have arthroscopy on her knee in the next few weeks, which will be good because I will be able to assist her through her recovery.
9:00 Lights out and white noise maker on (thanks to uncle Gordon...they all have them) and then its up every few hours or so; annoying that I have a pea sized bladder and I can't sleep straight through the night.
Pretty exciting days huh?  Not really, but there is a great sense of enjoyment and relaxation!

No comments:

Post a Comment