Sunday, March 31, 2013

Fraud

Friday afternoon shortly after I blogged as I was sitting out reading my book I had this impression to check my email even though I had just done so.  I had an email from American Express fraud protection saying that they suspected fraudulent use and asked me to call them.  I of course called them right away and yes someone in CA was using my card, but my card was in my possession.  Apparently they get the number and then make a card.  Thank goodness AE denied the charges given that I had just used my card an hour earlier in Phoenix at Costco.  As I was speaking to the very nice lady they tried to use it again and an hour later when she called me back they had tried again.  People are so dishonest.  I am ever grateful to American Express and their fraud protection. They canceled my card and I will receive a new one shortly.  And yes, I'll continue to use my AE to accrue my sky miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment