Friday, March 29, 2013

It's a Phoenix First Fabulous Friday

Oh, yes it's my first Fabulous Friday coming from the lovely city of Phoenix!
1.  First off, we celebrated mom's birthday on Saturday by having homemade waffles and bringing out the coconut cake; thank you to Sam's Club.  If you've never had it, drop by Sam's tonight and get you one.  Of course not as delicious as homemade, but close.
2.  I flew to Phoenix on Saturday afternoon.  After taking forever to get a car; a family style Jetta, I headed first to Costco to find me some nugo bars; no such luck.  Then to my aunt and uncles, where 2 of their grandkids were also there.  We had us some yummy pizza for dinner and I of course had to have my very first grapefruit.  Oh, I love me some grapefruit!
3.  Sunday my cousin Deb and her family came for dinner.  Amy made a most delicious cheesecake.
4.  Monday morning was my first day at the Indian Health Clinic.  I think I really am going to love it here.  The people are so humble, non-materialistic and kind.  My supervisor George is so patient and nice.  After 5 days, I think I finally have the computer system figured out.  It is as old as DOS, actually it probably is DOS, but it works.  I've never had to read hard copy x-rays until this week; stone age for sure.  I always thought the government was up to date, I thought wrong.  I love my schedule 7:30-1:30 M-F and 1130-1000 Saturdays.  I love having every afternoon off to sit out in the sun and get some color.
5.  I'm enjoying my nightly jogs from 6-7.  It's too hot during the day and I have to be in by the time it gets dark around 7.
6. I finally finished the book I've been reading for the past 2 months; Illuminations of the Heart.  I highly recommend it.
7.  I've been to Costo 3 times this week and Winco twice.  I love having them so close, but it could be dangerous to my wallet.  I have been wanting some red shorts and lucky me I found some at Costco!
8.  The AZ sun and weather are so nice, but I must admit it's not as beautiful as the south or the northwest.  You have to take the great weather for the brown and cactuses I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment