Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Spring Is Coming

I'm pretty sure Spring is on its merry way here in Idaho.  Do you know how I know?  Well we have these lovely little birds that I don't think I actually remember them making such a fuss until last year.  Doves they call them.  They coo like a rooster bright and early even before the sun is up.  I have heard them the last 2 mornings.  They wake me at the wee morning hours and are awfully annoying, because then I can't go back to sleep.  They do it even more so during the Summer.  I also know Spring is on its way because I saw farmers on tractors in fields yesterday plowing getting ready for planting.  I also see green peaking amongst the dead winter branches as I drive my Betty around town.  Betty, what a great car she is.  Her tune up was only $105 which included back breaks.  I love me a Toyota, probably will never by another brand again, unless maybe a Honda, because that is what Tenielle is partial too.  I just watched the morning news.  Boston has had 56 inches of snow this year and are expecting a foot today.  Oh, how depressing.  However I remember the year before grad school on April 15 a Sunday we woke to several inches of snow in SLC.  I remember I slid out of my driveway and got stuck on my way to church and then I drove to Cedar City the next day for work and was in an terrible snow storm.  It's suppose to be a beautiful 55 today before a lovely Spring storm rolls in and drops the temps to 39 this weekend in SLC and Boise. Yuck.
I must make myself productive today, get myself ready as in do something with my hair, that I am about ready to donate to locks of love.  I'm seriously getting so tired of it being long.  There are so many cute short hair styles out there and with 6 months of Summer a week away, I think it might be getting chopped soon, especially because I'll be living with my cousin in Phoenix who is a hair stylist.  I must put my clothes that are stacked in piles(short pile, skirt pile, cardigan pile, etc) in a suitcase.  Yes I met my goal in just under an hour last night of getting everything ready to go into my suitcase.  Summer clothes take up so much less space in a suitcase than Winter.  It almost makes me think I need to pack more to make sure I get my 50 pound limit.  In 2 1/2 hours I will be meeting my sister, nieces, sister-in-laws and Alisha for a lovely lunch at The Robins Nest for a Strawberry salad.  So, I must make myself productive for a few hours on this lovely Spring morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment