Monday, March 18, 2013

Packing

Last time I was packing for Summer weather I was packing to go to Hawaii in September.  This time I'm packing for Phoenix for 10 weeks and it still feels like Winter.  The hard part is I haven't been wearing these clothes for 6 months.  Mom keeps telling me to pack light.  Yea right, I always try to do that and then I get the HEAVY tag on my luggage and pray it isn't over 50 pounds.  I've got the one suitcase with my scrubs in it, that was easy, it's everything else that I need to pack.  This morning I packed up Winter clothes and took them to the storage unit and brought back the summer bins.  Now the clothes are strewn across the basement and I'm sitting here looking at them thinking I should just try them on and see what goes, even though I already know what goes; I wore them all last Summer and the Summer before that.  This girl has way too many clothes, but until I have a closet to put them ALL in, I can't seem to get rid of any.  I feel like I dress as if I'm on vacation with a limited amount of clothes even though it's been a year and a half and I really have plenty of clothes in stock.  So yes, it has been a waisted day of looking at pintrest searches of Summer Clothes, dumb I know.  It's after 7 and I feel like I have been packing all day, even though I really haven't.  GOAL:  Get this suitcase packed by 9 so I have tomorrow to enjoy one last day at home and not feel rushed to get it done the night before I leave and then forget something so important that I really CAN live without for 10 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment