Friday, March 15, 2013

MV FF

This week is another travelogue; a Martha's Vineyard Travelogue!
1.  Monday mom and I went to TJ Maxx and I bought some summer clothes including a pair of Lucky jean capris.  I'm a fan of Lucky Jeans, even if they cost a bit more than I really like to spend on jeans.
2.  Tuesday morning bright and early like 5:30am I boarded a plane to Martha's Vineyard.  Lucky me I was able to have a row to myself the entire way to Boston, which gave me the opportunity to lay across them and sleep, which I really needed since I typically don't wake up at 3:30am.  The airport in Boston is huge and I had to walk forever, which was totally fine to get to another terminal where I had to stand in a very long, slow line to go through security again.  In that terminal however was a delightful sight to my eyes and my hungry tummy; Potbelly Subs!  I thought they only had those in Chicago and the Midwest.  Oh, how delicious my sandwich was, even though Potbelly Subs is more fun to share when my sisters and mom are around.
3.  I boarded the smallest plane of my life to and from Boston/MVY; like a 10 seater which included the pilot and co-pilot.  On the way back there was me, 2 other people and the pilot.  It was awesome.  The view from the air was beautiful, only on the way back, because on the way there it was bumpy, windy and cloudy.  I heard the security people at MVY say they were maybe going to have 20 passengers that day.  Talk about a tiny airport and so quiet.
4.  When I got to MVY the car reservation guy knew me, because apparently I was the only one renting a car that day; a lovely SUV which was a gas hog, but nice nonetheless.  I met with Dr. Z who gave me the keys to my gigantic house; 5 bedrooms!  It was such a vintage home, which I quite enjoyed.  3 stories was a bit much for me though.  That evening I had a delicious cup of clam chowder from Martha's Chowder house.  It only cost $8!
On the runway at Boston Airport
5.  Wednesday morning I enjoyed the morning relaxing before meeting with Dr. Z and a few more MD's at the ED.  They were totally awesome.  They all were so nice, casual and down to earth.  I chatted with them for a few hours.  I spent the late afternoon/evening driving around the entire island.  I had an amazingly delicious lobster roll for dinner!  I watched the sunset from Gay Head.  It was mighty windy and cool, but beautiful.  I stopped by the church; which was in a strip mall where I met a few ladies from the ward and some other ladies who weren't members, there for a family history meeting.  They were all so nice.  I have never seen such a small church or one that wasn't in a church building.  They said during the year there are typically 19 members on Sundays, but during the Summer they usually have 65.  That night I enjoyed a concert on PBS by the Canadian Tenors.  Gosh I love those guys!

Delicious lobster roll, not so delicious garlic chips
My cottage for a few nights.
 6.  Thursday morning I did a little shopping in the darling stores on MVY while snowflakes drifted from the sky.  I bought some white peach balsamic vinegar and some cinnamon pear balsamic vinegar, so delicious.  I then met with Dr. Z and another MD at a cute diner where everyone knew everyone.  It was so awesome!  I think I would love living there for the Summer.  They were interviewing 2 others, however Dr. Z highly encouraged me to get my MA license soon and said he would let me know in 2 weeks.  So for now we wait.  I flew back Thursday night and got in close to midnight.  Very long, but very enjoyable 3 days for sure.
Flying into the airport in Boston from MVY
7.  Thursday night Tristen and the girls spent the night, which was fun to wake up to this morning.  Tenielle drove in this afternoon and Tony flew in this evening.  Tanner had driven in Wednesday.  We all had fun this evening when everyone was home by making 5 different spinach shakes.  We used an entire box of spinach.  
8.  Mom was on the news tonight, because the kids wanted to walk to the school.  Well, when we got there the news man was there because they are trying to shut down our Sunny Ridge Elementary, because of a 4.5 million dollar mistake.  I don't know about you, but if I had an extra 4.5 million in my checking account I'd see it.  Anyway, we thought mom was a star on the news tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment