Friday, February 10, 2012

Another Fabulous Friday

Another week is over and done.  Even though sad things have occurred this week, wonderful things have as well.  I think I'm going to focus this weeks fabulous friday on happy things about grandma.
1.  Last Friday I had the opportunity to be with just grandma.  Grandpa went to the bank and my aunt who was at the house took a nap.  I am so glad it was just me and grandma for even just 30 minutes.  I had her all to myself and didn't have to share her with anyone.  The entire time I watched her chest go up and down and reflected on my time with her over the past 3 months.
2.  Grandma was still with us after I got off work on Saturday evening.  It was the last time in this life that I would kiss her forehead, tell her I love her, listen to her breathing and feel her pulse.
3.  Grandma passed with out pain and peacefully with my dad in the room Sunday evening.
4.  It was a sweet experience to watch her leave her home for the last time.
5.  I left work a little early Tuesday and was able to get to the funeral home just as the finishing touches were put on grandma.  I got to spray her with perfume and will have the opportunity to do it one more time tonight.
6.  I watched grandpa as he saw grandma dressed beautifully for the first time in her white dress.  It was so touching.  When he saw her, he said "she isn't waiting just beyond the moon, she just went straight to Heaven."
7.  I enjoyed last night watching as my aunt put together all of the flowers I had gathered yesterday to make a beautiful arrangement for grandmas funeral.
8.  We have been blessed with love and kindness from neighbors, friends, and ward members as they have shared their condolences with our family this week.
9.  We have felt the many prayers in our behalf this week as we have been able to reflect on the plan of salvation and our testimonies knowing that we will be with our grandma again someday.  We are grateful knowing that she is with her family in heaven.

1 comment:

  1. I love how the Gospel gives us a happy perspective on some of the most difficult parts of life on earth! Your grandma sounds like an amazing woman. I really enjoyed reading her obit!

    ReplyDelete