Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Today I Got To Enjoy...

Because my sister willing worked for someone else today, I got the lovely opportunity to sleep on her cold, slippery, leather couch last night so that I could be there in the morning to watch her kids.  So this morning I got to enjoy hearing little kids sounds coming from their rooms wanting out of their beds and then got to surprise them with me instead of mom.  I love kids in the mornings, they are so cute with their hair sticking up in different directions, their purple tinkerbell pj's, and their morning voices.  Aidree ate 2 bowls of Trix, while I enjoyed the adult cereal, even though I stole a handful or two of Trix.  I mean really, we'd all love to eat Trix over the adult cereal any day.  I got the kids dressed and ready for the day, we watched Tarzan twice, and I helped Aidree brush her teeth.  I sat Aidree on the bathroom counter so she could watch herself in the mirror as she brushed her teeth; for some reason she likes to do this.  Actually I think she just likes to play in the water, because I found her trying to wash the mirror with it at one point.  I thought this would be a cute picture, so in the short time it took me to grab the camera she found my brand new toothbrush and decided to brush her teeth with mine instead of hers; that wasn't cute.  Bridget wasn't feeling well today, which I enjoyed because she laid her sweet head on my shoulder all morning, until I finally gave her a little too much dimatap and she ended up sleeping 4 hours after I put her down for her morning nap.  Mom came to rescue me for the afternoon, not that I couldn't have handled them, but I wanted to catch a gym class, none of which are as good as the ones in CLT, I might add.  I took cute pictures of the kids this morning and would love to post them, however I took them with Tristen's camera which is at her house, so I will have to post them tomorrow.
I did get a sweet card in the mail all the way from CLT from mama Middlebrook and had a lovely phone call from CLT this afternoon all which brightened my day until I heard they had 75 degrees today which of course made me a bit jealous that I'm not wearing flip flops.  Well, maybe I would if I could find the flip flop box...

1 comment: