Sunday, February 5, 2012

Grandma Young, My Guardian Angel

Every day for the past 3 weeks when I have gone to my grandparents house I naturally have gone over to Grandmas bed and felt her pulse on her left wrist.  Tonight there was no pulse.  Grandma passed away at 7pm tonight, just 1 hour before I got off work.  I drove over to my grandparents an hour later and gratefully grandmas body was still there.  She looked so peaceful.  Everyone had already cried their tears by the time I got there; not fair.  Grandpa was sitting in the chair next to the bed and kindly got up for me.  My sweet cousin Katie came over to me and put her arm around my shoulders as tears streamed down my face.  She told me that Grandmas hands were warm just a few minutes before I got there, so she lifted the covers so I could hold grandma's hand, but I naturally went to her radial pulse.  It wasn't there.  I kept my fingers there waiting for a glimpse of a pulse, but nothing.  When the people from the funeral home came to get her, I had to go into the kitchen, but when they said they would just lay her on the cot, I came out.  As I watched them gently get her ready to leave her home that she loved, a sob came from my lips and I heard my dad say, "you should be use to this."  "It's different" I said.  It sure is different when it's someone you love.
How grateful I am for the plan of salvation; that I know I will see grandma again.  I imagine she is up in Heaven with all of her siblings, parents, and loved ones having an amazing reunion.  I know that families are forever.  I'm grateful now I will have two guardian angel grandma's watching over me.  We now prepare as a family to memorialize grandma, her life, service, and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment