Friday, August 31, 2012

It's August 31 2012 Which Means Tomorrow is September 1

I really can't believe it is the last day of our Summer Months.  It has been a wonderful, relaxing summer.  Fall seems to be trying its hardest to push forward, but I think Summer is trying to hang around a little while longer.  It has been a full week indeed, which means that next week will be full of work given that I will have been off 5 days in a row!
1.  The luau was a success and very enjoyable for all.  Hawaii in 13 days!
2.  Sunday we had dinner at Tristen and Mitchs, in which we brought a delicious fruit salad with home grown peaches.
3.  The annual fresh peach pie was made and devoured this week!
4.  On my drive home from work on Tuesday I watched the sun go down.  It really is pretty spectacular to watch the huge sun go from large to a slither and then disappear for the evening.
5.  I had a nice chat with my friend Steve this week; so glad we are friends.
6.  I'm a huge fan of drive inns and dives because they have the best soft serve ice cream, including the Snow Bunny in Hailey, Idaho.
7.  I got a rock chip in my windshield that spread all the way across within an hour yesterday on our drive home from Sun Valley.  Gratefully my cousin/insurance agent talked me into getting glass coverage and they replaced my windshield, vacuumed my car, and washed my windows today.
8.  We enjoyed the first half of the BSU football game at our local Pizza Parlor, however our "new team" needs some help...we can't win them all, but it would be nice to be entertained a little.
9.  All will be home this weekend for Stella's Blessing, the first blessing I've been to for a niece.
10.  The Republican National Convention was held this week.  It was the first time I actually watched it.   I was quite impressed with all who spoke and sure hope the rest of the country was too.
11.  I am a weather station junky when it comes to bad weather, especially in the south.  Call me weird, but I think it is entertaining.  This really isn't fabulous, but there was a huge hurricane this week that hit NOLA 7 years to the day of Katrina.  It hit particularly hard in Slidell where 9 years ago this weekend I spent one of the best weekends of my life with the handsome, hot, hunky-dory, hilarious, heart-throb Kirt T.  I've thought about him a lot this week and hope he is safe and well.

No comments:

Post a Comment