Sunday, August 26, 2012

Hawaiian Luau

We had our ward adult Hawaiian Luau on Friday night.  It was a blast.  The food was delicious, the decorations made us feel like we were truly in Hawaii, and the company was very enjoyable.  We had nearly 60 people at our house and all had a fabulous evening.  I convinced dad to buy a fountain for the pool, it was quite the highlight.  Funny story, I bought 20 fish and they gave me 22 for decorations.  At least 5 died before I got them in their separate jars and several died when they got put in their boiled water that had been sitting out all day.  Hello, what were we thinking?  At least 5 survived for dads pond. 
One of the only things I had kept out of the storage unit were 8 of Sister Siggs Jars.  They came in handy for decorations and everyone kept asking about them.  Grateful I have a part of Sister Sigg in Idaho!
We had a tiki hut and tiki torches!
Hawaiian Haystacks are always a hit!


Hawaiian Style Banana Splits!
Cousin Alisha and Grandma Betty joined us too!
Grandma Betty found someone her size.
My Summer Swimming Sisters-2.
Aidree and Bridget joined us at the very end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment