Friday, August 24, 2012

Dear Summer, Please Stay A Little Longer

1.  Summer is trying to leave.  I can feel it in the air in the mornings and on my evening jogs as it is a little cool, like in the 60's.  I don't think it will be long before I need a jacket in the mornings.  I have mixed emotions about this.  It has been a fabulous Summer, but I do love jeans, changing colors of leaves, and anything pumpkin!
2.  I booked a flight to Hawaii September 13-21 with my brother Tony, who broke things off a few weeks ago.  This is a very good thing.  So I guess to celebrate, him and I are heading to Hawaii.  He has a friend who is going to BYU-Hawaii and this is his last semester so we will be staying with him and his wife.  Should be a very fun time and a way to stretch out my Summer.  I will only be home a week and then onto my fall foilage vacation to the northeast with my friend Jenny.  I need some vacation time for real, since it has been 3 whole months since my last vacation.  I do have 5 days off in a row next week for a mini vacation to the cabin, we were going to go to Sun Valley and Red Fish Lake but the smoke from the fires is going to prevent us from doing so.
3.  I've been counting down for 2 months now, but in 1 week BSU will kick off to Michigan State.  You can feel the intensity of the season building up around here.  I think we are all on edge to see how our team does with a new quarterback, lets hope he is half as good as Kellen Moore.
4.  I've been preparing for our Adult Luau tonight; once a year our ward has a RS activity that involves all adults.  I like that idea.  Hopefully things will come together.  I always feel a little nervous that there won't be enough food, but you know there is always way too much food at all Mormon functions.  Of course this Luau is really a nice preview and getting me excited for my Hawaii trip!
5.  My niece Bridget is finally walking everywhere.  That little booger is just growing up too fast.  It is amazing to me as an aunt how quickly they grow in 1 year.
6.  Gavin and Kadyn started kindergarten this week.  Talk about growing up. Has it really been 5 years that I've been an aunt?
7.  I love Pinterest!  We have been rather slow at work this week, so guess what I've been doing?  Yep, Pinning all those things I wish I was baking or making, instead of working.
8.  Remember the flip flop that I lost at the beach in Nicks car?  He found it!  Woohoo!  See why it is important to keep the mate, just in case it shows up later under the drivers seat; I knew it was still in there!
9.  I haven't been to Talbots, my favorite store since I was in Charlotte the beginning of May.  Well, I gave into my desire and went on Monday with mom.  I spent less than $100 thanks to my $25 gift certificate for spending more than I should there.  I now have some really cute end of season clothes that I can use for another month.  But I also bought a darling fall like skirt and 2 sweaters from TJ Maxx too, I admit I'm getting just a little excited for jeans, changing leaves and everything pumpkin...but not winter, no, no I HATE winter and its freezing cold temperatures that make me have to wear a coat.
10.  A single guy at the  bank flirted with me this week.  Ha, I still have it.  Funny thing is he said that he was really good friends with my brother...

No comments:

Post a Comment