Friday, August 3, 2012

Really August Already FF

1.  The dog days of summer continue into August!  I have loved having a very warm summer which gives me a lovely tan.  Days I work I wish I was outside.  Monday I sent Tristen a text at 10am saying, "I can't wait for our jog tonight."  Pretty sad I'd rather be jogging than working, but summer nights are ever so lovely here in the west.
2.  Last Sunday I was the only one home since mom and dad were in SLC.  Can I just say I miss having my own house.  Not that I don't enjoy living here.  But sometimes the silence of being home alone is so nice.  I really enjoyed my day all by myself.
3.  Work was rather slow this week.  It is always nice to have a slow week from time to time.
4.  It's official.  I have Idaho license plates on my car.  It doesn't mean that my heart isn't still sometimes in NC.
5.  I've enjoyed the last 2 days off spending the afternoon with my swimming sisters!  This is what our back yard or rather the community pool looks like on swimming days.  It's rather enjoyable indeed.  
 
I thought this was darling of all the kids gathered round chatting.
6.  We've been taking care of Becky and Troy's kids the past 2 days.  They are sure a handful.  We walked to the elementary school this morning and let them play for a while.  Oh the days at Sunny Ridge. I remember the walk use to seem so long, since we didn't get there by bus.  Grandpa Swensen lives across the street from the school and saw us walking there.  He came over and we had a nice chat with him while we watched the boys.  
7.  Sister Jones was walking by today and stopped by.  She was my young womens leader.  I always love chatting with her.  Her and her husband just got their mission call to Tacoma Washington, so happy for them.
8.  Of course Stella Jane is about the best part of our week for sure.  She is a doll.  This is the first of the 8 nieces and nephews that I've actually been here for their Birth Day.  
Auntie Tenielle had a slight cold, so she had to cover up.

No comments:

Post a Comment