Monday, December 10, 2012

A Very Successful December Day

I love days off that are so successful that by the end of the day I fall asleep quickly.  I believe today was one of those days.  You see the last few nights I just haven't slept well, so last night I was one tired chick falling asleep rather quickly and sleeping until 730 when I had to get up to empty the 'ole bladder.  I was so tired I fell right back to sleep and was shocked when I rolled over and it was 920.  That doesn't happen often.  I hurried to get myself ready for the day, had some french toast and then it was time to decorate the Christmas tree and at least put up the nativity and a few more favorite Christmas decorations.  It is quite a chore to decorate the Christmas tree, but so much quicker and more fun when I'm not the only one doing it.  I decided that I wanted to decorate the tree differently this year, given my mom has so many ornaments to choose from, this was a possibility.  I really wanted it to be blue and silver.  Well it turned out gold, light green, and blue.  I think it turned out quite pretty, although we still need to add some navy blue bows.  No red on our tree this year.  We always have red.  Mom was a little disappointed that she had already wrapped presents in red paper, but I think it will add a little color which will be just fine.
After cleaning up the glitter that we still have all over the house from our Christmas tree decorations, mom decided that since she really hasn't been out of the house for over a week that she was ready for some fresh air.  After chatting with the mail lady who brought me my first on-line purchase (which I'm so excited about), we headed to Costco.  Yep, mom actually walked around Costco today, with her cane of course!  We also made a trip to Winco, mom stayed in the car while I got stuff for dinner.
After coming home, I did laundry, made a delicious dinner (recipe to follow), started a batch of Sister Jones' Christmas candies (because she is on a mission and won't be bringing me a plate this year), printed gift tags (mom is cutting them as I blog), and I made 2 on-line purchases and about to make a third (my favorite way to shop for Christmas  presents).  In 30 minutes I will fold clothes and put bows on Christmas presents while watching the Michael Buble Christmas concert, which I have looked forward to all week!  Yep a very successful December day indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment