Friday, December 7, 2012

Welcome December FF

1.  Saturday December 1 as in last Saturday we had our ward Christmas breakfast; different than our typical dinner.  When I suggested the idea to the Bishop (my dad) he wasn't so hot on having it on the 1st; he thought it was too early. I think it was a great way to start the month of December and I believe the ward members quite enjoyed having a breakfast.  Everyone brought their traditional Christmas breakfast; I brought the egg souffle!
2.  The several days after mom's surgery we had meals brought to us and people have stopped by.  I have been so humbled by the sweet gestures of our ward members and their concern for mom.
3.  Speaking of mom, she is healing quite well and has advanced from a walker to a cane!
4.  Wednesday Tristen, Aidree and I made ginger snaps to bring the Christmas smell to our home.  I love ginger snaps!
5.  I had a little extra help at work with a 2nd person Monday and Tuesday.  She is new (as in a brand new PA) and full of questions.  It is nice to have extra help and the questions make me realize I know a lot more than I think I know.
6.  Thursday was our RS Christmas dinner and devotional.  I and the rest of the RS were so pleased with the way it turned out.  We decorated the tables with different nativity sets and tissue paper. Tissue paper brings so much to decorations if you didn't already know.  We also had the lights dimmed and tea lights on the tables.   We had potato bar, salad and our favorite "The Stuff" dessert!  I've been asked by several for the recipe; it's on the way to be blogged...Our devotional was a beautifully written script called The Women Who Knew Jesus, which I stumbled upon the a few months ago and instantly knew it was what we needed to present.  The sisters who portrayed Mary's mother, Joseph's Mother, Elizabeth, The Inn Keepers Wife, The Shepherds Wife and Mary took us in a sense to Bethlehem.  In between each person's narrative was either a soloist or a congregational Christmas hymn which added much to the program.
7.  Today I got off at 5 for our clinic's Christmas party.  Instead of going (because I really didn't want to be around people who perhaps got a little too tipsy) I volunteered to watch Tristens kid's so her and Mitch could go on a date.  The girls and I enjoyed a Blimpie sandwich for dinner and an evening with The Jungle Book!

No comments:

Post a Comment