Friday, December 28, 2012

Last Friday of 2012

I can't believe this is the last Fabulous Friday of 2012.
1.  Saturday we watched BSU struggle a bit to win the Maaco bowl against Washington.  We are hoping for a more entertaining football season next year.
2.  Aunt Marian brought us our Christmas presents on Saturday.  My mom's mother's maternal grandmother had many hankies.  Marion had most of them.  She color coded them and put 3 in a frame for all of the granddaughters, mom, my aunts and girl in-laws.  On the back of each frame she had written her name and placed a picture on it.  What a treasure indeed.  I had an idea that she was doing something with these, because a year ago she had shown them too me, but I never imagined such a wonderful gift.
3.  Sunday was our Christmas program for church.  I sang in the choir.  Our little choir struggles, but it turned out well.  We sang my favorite Christmas song, Star Bright a song my mom use to sing and our CLT RS sisters sang it at Christmas time too.
4.  I worked 3 days this week, all so busy.  The day after Christmas we saw 92 patients at my clinic.  A new record and I was glad to have had the on call person come help.
5.  We saw Les Miserables after having a lovely lunch at Goodwood BBQ.  They were both wonderful!
6.  We had an enjoyable Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  We have yet to celebrate with the entire family, as we like to hold off a few days.  Grandma was missed this year, but we felt her spirit.  Grandpa got a little emotional several times, but was stronger than I thought he would be.
7.  For Christmas I got a new VeraBradley purse, some jewelry, a vintage mirror, a ticket to see Beauty and the Beast on Broadway April 27 and a darling picture frame that reminded me of all the great friends I have in CLT, WA, SLC, and NYC, "Happiness comes in pairs, shoes, earrings and best friends."  At the top were a pair of heals.  So cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment