Friday, December 21, 2012

It's Almost Christmas FF

Oh, it's almost Christmas and we are totally in the Christmas spirit here in windy, cold ID.  Yes, it's been cold and windy here the last few days, but thankfully no snow, yet.  This week has brought so much sadness with tragic events of the past week with family, friends and the events in CT, however, it's Fabulous Friday time for the positive events!
1.  It has been such fun to have our friends the Sondrups visiting and staying in the barn's studio apartment.  We have had some great late night and breakfast chats.  It kind of feels like old times when Elder Sondrup would come in the back door.
2.  Fortunately and unfortunately I got to see my dear friend Jenny on Saturday evening.  She came to town because her father had a major head injury and is in the hospital.  It was so good to see her and visit with her at the hospital.  I'm so happy that I was here for her at such a tragic time.
3.  Again fortunately and unfortunately I had a lovely visit with my cousin Emilie on Wednesday here in our home.  It is heartbreaking for reasons why she is here from Alabama, but it is so nice to have her here and safe.  The events of this week helped me understand the inspiration that I felt not to go to a CME in NYC this past week and why I felt impressed not to buy a plane ticket to go to CLT, as much as I wanted to; I'm so glad I was in town this week and had 6 of 7 days off.
4.  Mom made cinnamon rolls this week; I think only the second time since I've been home.  I LOVE her cinnamon rolls!
5.  I love online shopping!  Mom and I did some on-line shopping one night this week and we've already gotten 3 of the packages
6.  Besides the Sondrups, we have our first tenant scheduled for our studio apartment for 34 days from our listing on airbnb starting Dec. 28!
7.  All the kids came over for mom's chili and dinner with the Sondrups on Wednesday.  Mom hasn't made chili for several years, like at least a few Christmas's ago when we had a blizzard and were going to go to the Cabin, but too much snow only got us to the freeway before turning around and coming back home to go sledding in our field.
8.   Mom and I made fudge and cookies this week and dad and I took a few plates around to our friends, which led to some lovely visits.
9.  Aidree had her first school play and was a dancing Christmas doll.  She did so good and was so cute, even though she wouldn't smile.

2 comments:

  1. Just took a few minutes to get caught up on your blog, and now I'm missing you. I love reading your posts because they sound just how you would talk if you were sitting across from me. Glad you're doing well. Maybe that visit to Charlotte can be your New Year's resolution. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you too. Wouldn't it be fun if we could sit across from each other at Amelie's at chat. I'll try to make it out there sometime this year for sure' a New Year's resolution indeed!

    ReplyDelete