Monday, December 10, 2012

South Western Slightly Spicy Chicken Salad Wraps

When we were on our Fall Foliage vacation I had a delicious, a little too spicy south western chicken wrap at the Yankee Candle Factory.  It was so good that I've craved it ever since.  Thanks to Pintrest I found a recipe that sounded similar to the YCF wrap, which of course I totally adapted to my liking.  Dad actually had 2.  He usually wrinkles his nose when I make a new recipe; he's not much into gourmet.  These are quite easy and oh so yummy!  ps. I don't really measure so realize it's approximately...

Combine about 1/2 cup sour cream, a little cream cheese, juice from 1 lime, a little salt and pepper, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon cumin, a little dry cilantro flakes whisk together in medium sized bowl.  Add 2-3 green onions chopped, 2 stalks celery chopped, 1/2-1/3 pepper chopped  (I used an orange pepper since it was 10 cents cheaper than the red) stir in a fair amount of chicken (I used a roasted chicken from Costco and used about half of it), add 1/3 cup corn kernels and 2/3 cup black beans. I shredded some pepper jack cheese, which gave it the spice and also added some olives which were left over in the fridge.  Take a flour tortilla, layer chicken salad, baby spinach, avocado, and cherry tomato's.  Wrap and indulge!

No comments:

Post a Comment