Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Tree Is Up

For weeks now I've been telling my mother that we really need to get the tree and some Christmas decorations up so that it feels like Christmas is on the way.  Well she really didn't want the tree up longer than need be, so we didn't do it before her surgery.  This past weekend I kept saying we need to get the tree up.  A ward member even suggested they come help us put up our tree, since theirs had been up since before Thanksgiving.  Well last night dad finally drug the ole tree out of hiding and into our sunroom where it sat all night and when I came upstairs this morning it was up and plugged in.  We do things the easy way around here:  artificial tree with lights already on.  So now we have a tree with lights on it but no ornaments and those are still in hiding.  I am in charge of our RS Activity night tonight and I work the next 2 days.  I imagine this is going to be as far as we get until Sunday when I have my next day off.  Hopefully tonights program will help me get into the Christmas Spirit.  I have been doing a lot of online browsing lately and I have already ordered one present which is on its way!  Mom keeps asking me what I want for Christmas and I haven't been able to give her a list except for a new battery in my watch, a new temple dress, some homemade mittens, a rain check for Breaking Dawn Part 2 and a trip to Europe.  I don't need anything really, when I do want or need something I usually just go buy it myself.  I did mention this morning that I could always use a gift card to Talbots.  However I do love surprises.  So just surprise me!

No comments:

Post a Comment