Sunday, April 27, 2014

Discovery

I've come to discover that life isn't always a pretty picture, even though I think it should be.  It's not all or nothing.  It's a little bit of everything good and bad, happy and sad mixed into one life.  The good, the exciting, the sadness, the heartbreaking, the laughter, the depressing, the beauty, the frustrating.  Life is comparable to a recipe for my favorite pumpkin zucchini muffins, where many ingredients bring deliciousness.  When looking at the bigger picture, I've discovered that all ingredients of life mixed together bring about beauty and fulfillment.

Over the past 3 months I've discovered...

~How much I love my job and working with other PA's.  I love what I do and am so grateful for the blessings of the talents I've been given to care for others.  It is so much better being on the provider side than the patient side, even though I did have great providers who took care of me.  My co-workers and I have so much fun and laugh a lot as we work together.  I've been friends with other's that I've worked with, but these people are great and I think that since going through what I've gone through over the past year we all appreciate each other a little more.  They all knew how much pain I was in a year ago when I couldn't sit because of my back pain.  My nurse even commented recently how I use to lay on an ice pack between patients.  I've discovered through my illness that life can take a turn, but being positive can get us through anything.

~I can fall in love with not just 1 person but 3.  I've always thought it takes years to be where I am in my relationship with Mr. J, but I've discovered that it doesn't.

~It is so nice to be able to button my pants and run without being in pain.  The things you take for granted every day are things I've come to appreciate.

~Working out 5-6 days a week may not get you into skinny jeans, but the endorphins  and joy that come with it and sense of accomplishment are worth the hour or so at the gym.

~Primary is where it is!  I love subbing with Mr. J and hearing the kids comments and listening to them sing.  I loved the song we learned in primary and how Mr. J put put his arm around my waist as we sang a song about families.

~A new favorite author Tracie Hunter Abramson who mixes romance and mystery all together which makes for a great read.

~Cooking for a family can be expensive, but when you think about it it's really cheaper than going out and much healthier.  I'm loving cooking for Mr. J and hearing how much he loves what I cook.

~How much I need the feelings in my hands.  I've had enough patience, but I need the feeling to come back.  It is so frustrating to have them numb all the time.

~How much I love sitting next to a handsome hunk, who holds my hand or puts his arm around me in church!

~How much I miss playing the organ.  I'm excited to sub next week.  I was able to play a little after sacrament meeting today.  It brings me such joy and happiness to be able to use my talents.

~How much I really do miss the season change from Winter to Spring.  I'm excited to go home in 2 weeks to see the tulips and buds on the trees.

~That short hair is super easy and can be fun, but how much I really miss doing my hair and wearing a pony tail.  Mr. J commented last night on how fast my hair has grown in the past 3 months, I wonder what it will look like in 3 more months.

~I miss having a good girl friend that I can drop in on when I want to have a girl chat.  I haven't found one here or really had the time to, but I know it will come.  I'm so glad I have my cousins, but wish we lived closer.  It's just not the same talking with my girlfriends over the phone, especially when my hands go numb from holding it to my ear.

~Having an aunt to tell all about my romance with Mr. J is priceless.  She is just as excited as I am.  She gives me a lot of good advice and lets me share my happiness every night.  She said to me that she loves having a front seat to my romance.

~That people can change and become better because of the things they have learned in life.

~I've never been a hiker, but I'm totally loving it and discovering new trails.  I'm excited to hike in Utah where it is much prettier than Arizona.

~That skype can bring such excitement to us each Sunday as we visit with my family!

~I still need my mom's advice and help, even over the phone with recipe's and what I should buy or not.  I'm sure I talked to my mom at least 5 times yesterday.  I'm so grateful for her.

I must share with you my Aunt Lesli's Pumpkin Zucchini muffin's which I eat every day.  I actually think this is my cousin Jennifer's recipe, but Aunt Leslie makes them for me every few weeks.

This makes 24 muffins or 2 loaf pans:
3 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 Cup White Flour
2 t Salt
3 t Baking Powder
2 t Cinnamon
1 t Ginger or pumpkin pie spice
2 1/2 C Sugar
1/ 2 C Butter
1/2 C Applesauce
4 Eggs
1 C Milk
1 1/2 Cups Zucchini grated (squeeze out the juice)
1 Can (small) Pumpkin
Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips (maybe 1 cup)

Mix all dry ingredients plug sugar, add wet ingredients.  Bake at 350 for 18 minutes or so

4 comments:

  1. Terah you have such a way with words, I still think you should write a book!! You are so thankful for everything and so seldom complain!! I am thankful for you, you add warmth, spice, and laughter to my life, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those muffins sound delicious- thanks for the recipe :). I had a bad day yesterday so it was nice to read your post. ALSO when does Charlotte get to meet Mr. J?!?! So happy you have each other. Soooo...a visit soon? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. J has a brother who lives in Lake Norman Area so maybe some day in the future, how near I'm not quite sure. I'm hoping to visit July 17-20...

      Delete
  3. Great post once again! Yeah, those muffins are a keeper. I like them without the chocolate chips but lots of walnuts covering the tops! Don't get me wrong, I love chocolate chips and put them in almost every muffin, but these muffins are so good even without chocolate.

    ReplyDelete