Monday, April 20, 2015

Mom's Molasses Wheatbread

Last time I was home mom made homemade rolls and a loaf of bread which I brought half of the loaf home.  It was so yummy.  I asked mom for the recipe this past week and she sent me a text with the ingredients.  Yea, my mom's cool like that!  I made the attempt yesterday and it turned out amazingly delicious!  It has been probably 4 years since I have made bread, because I really haven't needed to since my Aunt Leslie is a Queen Of Bread Making.  She even brought me one of her loaves yesterday, which I was thrilled with! 

I think this bread is pretty healthy because it only has 2 T of oil and has flax.  Give it a try.  It's super easy.

Mom's Molasses Wheat Bread
3 C warm water
3 T sugar
2 T yeast
let yeast bubble
1 T salt (I put in just under this)
2 T Olive Oil
1/4 C molasses
Mix
1/2 C ground flax meal
3 C wheat flour
3-4 C white bleached flour (you can use all wheat flour if you prefer)

My dough was a little sticky, but it turned out just fine.
I let this rise to double outside since it was warm.
Place in bread pans and let rise again.

Cook on 350 for 30 minutes

I made 2 medium loaves and a mini loaf.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mini loaf I ate it all by myself , it was soooo good!!!

    ReplyDelete