Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Tax Day

For the first time in forever I am sending in my taxes by April 15.  Well at least I tried to.  You see because they wouldn't stop disability payments all last year I had to pay.  BOO.  But really hooray because I got to keep half of what I got.  Remember I got disability for ovarian cancer, even though I didn't really need it.  I'm grateful it was there if I had needed it though. They continue to give it to you for a year to make sure you stay healthy and don't need it after going back to work. 

Double BOO, when Tenielle went to send my taxes in yesterday Turbo Tax said they had already been filed.  Hopefully this is just an error on the Turbo Tax side.  If not this is going to be a big pain in the booty, but if there is one thing I learned from cancer it is not to not worry about something out of your control at the moment.  We will call tomorrow or the next day to figure this whole thing out.  I did however just stop off at the Post Office to have the official stamp on my envelops to the IRS, Massachusetts, and Idaho tax commission with my enclosed extension forms and checks totaling 11, 785 dollars.  I knew I was going to have to pay this back, but didn't think it was going to be that much, but grateful I have it to be able to pay. 

So no I won't be getting a huge tax refund this year like everyone else.  I'll just work more to have more, but then if I work more that means I have to pay more, so is it really worth working more?  I have yet to figure that question out. 

2 comments:

  1. We don't get big tax refunds either because we own our own business. It all goes to business taxes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate April 15 we always have to pay a lot!! Owning your own business drives me crazy when it comes to taxes! Oh well I'm thankful to live in the good ol USA!!

    ReplyDelete