I have so much enjoyed listening to conference this weekend. After listening to all of the instructions given, I feel there are so many things that I need to work on. I'm always excited to study these talks and to implement the teachings in my life, especially over the next 6 months.
There is always one talk each General Conference that speaks specifically to me. The one this conference was in the last session by Kevin Pearson. He said the following:
Enduring to the end is a hallmark of true discipleship and is essential to eternal life. When trials and challenges come our way we are often told to simply hang in there...to hang in there is not a principle of the gospel. Enduring to the end means constantly coming unto Christ and being perfected in him. Casual obedience and luke warm commitment weakens faith.
6 Principles that help us to Endure to the End
1. Don't forget to Pray: When life gets dark and dreary don't forget to pray.
2. Come unto Christ and be perfected in Him.
3. Press Forward With Faith.
4. The Book Of Mormon is key to spiritual survival. Tribulation is an inevitable and indispensable part of our eternal progression. When adversity comes, don't let something you don't fully understand unravel everything you do know. Search the BOM and living prophets every day, every day, every day, it's the key to spiritual survival and avoiding deception, without it we are spiritually lost.
5. Don't be distracted and deceived . To heed is to give special attention. Only the Savior has the words to eternal life.
6. Stay by the Tree. Lehi's message is to stay by the tree. We stay because we are converted to the Lord. As we yield our hearts to God, the holy ghost changes our very natures and be become converted to the Lord.
Earnest Scripture Study.Once we enter into covenants with god, there is no going back. Giving in, giving up and giving out are not options. There is no room for average or complacent disciple's. Average is the enemy of excellence. Enduring to the end is the great test of discipleship.
God hears your silent prayers, but you have to learn to shut out the distractions.
Correct knowledge and faith in the Lord empower us to hush our fears because Jesus Christ is the only source of enduring peace. Faith and hope invite into our lives the sweet peace of conscience which we all yearn.
We can be blessed to hush our fears.
3 Things to help us not fear
Look to Christ: We should have our focus on the Savior at all times and in all places. We can be blessed to conquer our fears and strengthen our faith.
Build upon the foundation of Christ: Remember it is upon Christ that ye must build your foundation Helamen 5:12. We can be blessed to hush our fears as we build our foundations on the Savior through our ordinances and covenants.
Press forward with faith in Christ: Exercising faith and meekly submitting his will in our lives, bring joy and eternal life.
Even as we face difficulties, we can cheerfully endure.
Submit your will to His will.
Even if you aren't married or having children we can all be able to stand up for the family.
No one is predestined to receive less than his offering.
Wilferd W. Anderson
We have to align with our lives perfectly to hear the whisperings of the spirit
A saint is a sinner that keeps on trying.
One of Gods gifts to us is that we can try again.
Try and Persevere
Following His Light and His Example will bring us joy, happiness and peace.
We will have peace as we attend the Temple.
Linda K Burton
In Primary this year children are leaning: I know that my savior loves me. I know he lives. My heart I give to him. We can strengthen our faith in Jesus Christ on our journey and find joy in the journey.
Focus on WHAT YOU KNOW. Pray for light. Jesus Christ does not leave you when you have questions. Hold fast to what you already know.
A deeper understanding of Christ will give us a greater desire to serve our fellow man. Seeking the lord and feeling his presence is a daily quest.
Anchor your faith in the simple truths of the gospel.
Never do anything to lose the spirit of the holy ghost