at this end of the island. Does that make sense?
This Summer I want to:
1. Hike in Martha's Vineyard, because we all know it is way to hot to do so in Phoenix during the Summer. At the end of my stay in MVY last year my friend Melanie took me on a hike that led me to the beach. The trail was so beautiful and I can't wait to do it again.
2. Join the Oak Bluffs Library Summer Reading Program. I have plenty of books on my list to keep me busy all Summer and into Fall.
3. PASS MY BOARDS which I'm signed up to take on July 16...Tonight I was at my cousins house and they were getting ready to say family prayer. They asked who needed prayers. It was so sweet when they asked if I needed prayers, what I needed and then they prayed for me to study those things that will help me pass my boards. It meant so much to me to have someone pray for me.
4. Spend quality time with my friend Melanie. I'm so excited to see Melanie next week. She is such a kind, caring friend and I've missed her.
5. Eat Lobster Rolls from Grace Church on Friday's.
6. Go for long runs along the beach every day.
7. Visit all 5 lighthouses on MVY and just maybe I will do it on a bike. At least I hope to rent a bike this Summer and enjoy all of the amazing trails throughout the island.
8. Eat Chocolates from the Chilmark Chocolate Factory, while enjoying the several thunderstorms which come along with living on an island.
9. Meet people from other countries and around the US as they visit MVY and have to visit me in the Emergency Room because they injure themselves on bikes and while fishing (that doesn't sound right, but really it is fun meeting so many people with various backgrounds).
10. Swim and eat snow cones with my nieces and nephews when I visit Idaho in July.
11. Have a fantastic time at my 20th Class Reunion...crazy to think it has been 20 years (I admit this is kind of giving me a little anxiety just thinking about interacting with these people, most of whom I haven't seen in 20 years).
12. Learn how to incorporate weight lifting and resistance bands into my workout without going to the gym in MVY.
13. Drink Nantucket Lemonade, only the best...oh and yes this year I want to visit Nantucket Island for a day.
15. Spend a day fishing with professional fisherman out on the ocean like I did last year.
16. Eat oysters. For reals. A lady that I work with at the hospital has an oyster farm. One day this Summer I want to spend time at her oyster farm.
17. Eat Pizza at the Chilmark Country Store. It is sold by the slice, so yummy and you can eat it on the porch while rocking in rocking chairs.
18. Watch the sunrise and the sunset many, many times.
19. Finish my Europe Shutterfly book, since it was only a year ago and should be completed by now.
20. Spend as much time as I can enjoying the sound of the ocean, the wind and sun on my skin and the sand between my toes.
21. And maybe I will be able to put a check on my life's bucket list next to Sailing.
22. Oh and yes I will be sure to take lots and lots of picture's to share with you my reader's.