Monday, October 19, 2015

Primary Program

Yesterday was our annual Primary Program during Sacrament Meeting.  We prepare all year for this presentation. 

Our theme for Primary this year has been "I know that my Savior loves me."  We have been learning about the Savior's life, His plan of salvation, His obedience, sacrifice and example.  The more we know and understand the Savior, the better we can understand how He loves us.  Spending a lifetime working to come closer to the Savior may help us be able to say, like job, "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth."  Job 19:25. 

I know that my Savior loves me.  Seven simple words, but with the power to change each of us.  There may be no better place than Primary to see and experience the pure love of the Savior.

I think my calling as the Primary Pianist is the best calling in the church.  I love hearing the children sing their little hearts out, even when they don't know the words.  Yesterday as they surrounded me singing songs about the Savior, my heart was full of joy and I felt the spirit of the Lord in our meeting.  I have to admit, this was one of the best Primary Programs that I've ever attended.  It went so smoothly, the kids sang their little hearts out and most had their parts memorized.

Last week as we were practicing, one of the children gave his part.  I hadn't read the program before hand so I wasn't expecting what he said.  This was his part, "We can live like Jesus by praying and fasting for others.  Our primary pianist, Sister Young has cancer and I decided to fast that her body would be strong and that she would be able to get better.  When I felt hungry I thought of how she felt a lot of pain with her sickness and it made me feel like my hunger wasn't a big deal and that I could be strong for her.  Fasting for Sister Young helped me live like Jesus by thinking more about others and less about myself."  And then I had to play the next song.  I will admit I shed a few humble tears.  I'm so taken back at how my illness and trials have impacted so many people including these sweet children.  I'm ever grateful for this little boys faith, for his prayers, for fasting for me and for his amazing mother who serves with me in Primary and who I love for teaching her children the gospel. 

I have a testimony that my Savior loves me.  I know He lives.  I'm humbled that in the Garden of Gethsemane and on the cross at Calvary that He suffered for my sins, my heartaches, my disappointments, my physical and emotional pains, all because He loves me. 

It is my hope that I will be an example of Him, that I will serve Him by serving others and that I will honor Him in all that I do and say. 

This years theme song I know That My Savior Loves me has such beautiful lyrics:

"A long time ago in a beautiful place children were gathered 'round Jesus. 
He blessed and taught as they felt of his love.  Each saw the tears on His face.
The love that He felt for His little ones, I know He feels for me.
I did not touch Him or sit on His knee but Jesus is real to me. 
I know He lives.  I will follow faithfully.  My heart I give to Him.  I know that my Savior loves me."

2 comments:

  1. That is the sweetest story. Thank you for sharing it. Many are continually praying for you. We are behind you Terah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love that story, what a wonderful child!!! I'm sure they all love you so much. Children are just drawn to you, probably because of your love for them!! Perfect calling for y6ou and them!!

    ReplyDelete