Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Baking

Every Christmas Eve my Grandma Young would send us home with a fabulous platter.  I know I've spoken of it every year, especially last year when I recreated them with gum drops and gummy oranges.  Well, we did it again this year and they were perfect, except I forgot to bring the peanut clusters, so I had to send my dad home to get them (pictured without them, but added later.)  And because of the snow storm that dumped on our state Christmas Eve, my cousin couldn't make it from Eastern Idaho with the Peanut Brittle.  Look at that amazing array of deliciousness.  I was quite disappointed that no one brought and mom didn't want to make grandma's cherry filled cookies.  They are my favorite, especially when they are partially frozen.
It was super fun this year to have Tristen, her girls, Becky, Stella and my childhood friend Melissa join us in the kitchen.  This is one of my most favorite days of the year.  I love the memories and the fun we have.
 Becky brought all of the kids, because Troy ended up working.  They had such fun playing with their cousins. 
 I confess, I bribed them with candy for this cute photo!

 Funny thing happened, Aidree couldn't find her doll.  After several people searched for it Bridget said, "Aidree I'll show you where I hid your doll if you come downstairs with me."  Ha Ha, little sisters can tease too!

No comments:

Post a Comment